Senior Structural Engineer (PE)
We are seeking a full time Senior Structural Engineer with a minimum of 10 years structural engineering experience. This position requires extensive knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices of structural engineering and reports directly to the President.
- prepare proposals
- meet with clients
- complete site visits and inspections
- perform and/or supervise all aspects of structural engineering efforts from preliminary design through construction administration of steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and wood structures for commercial, industrial, residential, and other structures
- manage project teams and oversee and provide guidance/mentoring to junior structural engineers
Knowledge and Skills
- detail oriented
- proficient in the design of structural steel, timber, reinforced and pre-stressed concrete building structures
- hands-on experience using computer-assisted engineering and design software; AutoCAD; Autodesk Revit; and Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Gmail.
- knowledge of current building codes, standards, regulations, and construction methods for building structures
- excellent oral and written communications skills
- work in a team environment
- manage project teams
- maintain effective communication with project team members and clients
- provide guidance and technical support to project engineers and drafting personnel
- proven ability to oversee and guide/mentor junior structural engineers
- manage multiple projects and project teams simultaneously
- work independently with minimum direction from the President, yet use good judgement in seeking guidance where appropriate.
- a minimum of 10 years of related structural engineering experience
- at least a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering degree with emphasis in Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineering license
- proven experience managing multiple projects and project teams with little supervision.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
St. Germain & Aupperle Consulting Engineers, PLLC
Attn: Office Manager
5711 West Genesee Street
Camillus, NY 13031
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org